Publication of a book for popularizing science and enlightening Siberians, as well as Europeans having got interests in Siberia
Institute for Systematics and Ecology of Animals, SB RAS, Novosibirsk
Head of the Institute:
Vadim I.Evsikov, Corresponding Member of the RAS, Professor
11 Frunze Str., Novosibirsk, 630091, Russia
Telephone: +7 (3832) 170-973
Fax: +7 (3832) 170-973
V.G.Mordkovitch, Doctor of Sciences, Professor, Director of the Zoological Museum
The enlightenment of Siberians; forming a Siberian attitude;
acquainting foreigners, who have got interests in Siberia, with an ecological specificity
of the country and its inhabitants.
Background and significance of objectives
The first 40 out of the total 60 parts have already been written.
Hundreds of relevant literature sources have been analysed and a complete bibliography
have been compiled.
Research plan: approaches and methods
- A review and analyse of the information on the nature and history of Siberia, popular
expounding, an artistic style.
- Volume: ca. 12 quires; the manuscript is ready in two thirds.
- Timetable: 1 year.
A complete manuscript of the book will be compiled for its further
publication and dissemination. The preliminary contents:
Chapter 1. Siberia - sources of originality.
- The genealogy of the name Siberia.
- The modern limits of Siberia.
- The geological base of the Siberian House.
- The Siberian climatic demon.
- Ecological design of the Siberian House.
Chapter 2. Landscape ecology of the country.
- The life in the ice desert.
- The life in the tundra.
- The life in the taiga.
- The life in the steppe.
- Ecological image of Siberia.
Chapter 3. Bouquet of Siberian people.
- An appearance of human being in Siberia.
- A demography nonsense: few people, but a multitude of nations.
- Indigenous population.
- Strangers of XX century.
- People of the ice shore and their housekeeping.
- People of the tundra and their housekeeping.
- People of the taiga and their housekeeping.
- People of the steppe and their housekeeping.
- Ecological stereotype of a Siberian.
Chapter 4. The Siberian Nature in a man’s service.
- Human pretensions to the Siberian nature.
- An ecological significance of Siberian expanses.
- Preferred manners of the nature management in Siberia.
- A value of collecting.
- Hunting and fishing as a means of subsisting in Siberia.
- Famous Siberian furs.
- Agriculture on the off-chance.
- Oddities of the Siberian stock-raising.
- Peculiarities of the Siberian forestry.
- Underground treasures and the ground troubles.
- Impoverishment of the water realm.
- Disgraceful things of the Siberian Industrial Dragon.
- Main lines of Siberia.
- Main cities of Siberia.
- The power industry of Siberia.
- Consequences of dacha “epidemic”.
Chapter 5. The rebounds of global ecological crises in Siberia.
Chapter 6. A strategy of nature conservation in Siberia.
- Unused resources of the biodiversity of Siberia.
- Nature conservation (reserves, national parks, etc.)
- Health protection of a Siberian.
- Ten ecological precepts of a Siberian.
Chapter 7. The ecology of Siberia as a factor of Russian and
- Siberia - a belly of Great Empires.
- Siberian genes in people of the world.
- Siberian components in world civilizations.
- Russia - a wild child of the Euro-Siberian adultery.
- Russian politics in a Siberian ecological mirror.
- The real ecological cause of the Siberian deportation.
- Siberia - a purgatory of Russian mentality.
- Siberian premises of adherence to different from Christianity faith .
- Ecological essence of a Siberian separatism.
List of publications of participants related to the project
Mordkovich V.G. Baraba - a remarkable land. SPb. – 1995. – 110 p.
Mordkovich V.G. The genealogy of the name "Siberia". Itogi
2 let, Vyp. 2. Prostranstvo gumanitarnogo poiska. – Novosibirsk, 1999. – P. 15-21.