The VI Congress of Vavilov Society of Genetists and Breeders will be held in Rostov-na-Donu on June 15-20, 2014.
The Congress will include following Simposia:
- Evolution and population genetics
- Molecular and cell mechanisms of genetic processes
- Genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and system biology
- Developmental genetics and stem cells
- Human genetics, medical genetics and genetic models for biomedicine research
- Neurogenetics and behaviour genetics
- Genetic bases of breeding and biotechnology
- Ecological genetics
- Genetic education
- Social and ethic aspects of genetics
Working language of the congress is Russian.
Registration and abstract submission deadline - November 1, 2013
9th International Conference on the Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure\Systems Biology, ВGRS\SB-2014Novosibirsk, Russia, Akademgorodok, June 23-28, 2014.
23-28 June, 2014 Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS (Novosibirsk, Russia) holds the next International Conference on the Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure\Systems Biology, ninth since 1998. The registration for the conference is open online http://conf.nsc.ru/BGRSSB2014/en.
ВGRS conference series is a traditional international biennial event that gets together in Novosibirsk biologists, computer scientists, physicists, mathematicians and biochemists working in an interdisciplinary field of systems biology biotechnology and genetics. The previous event, BGRS\SB-2012, hosted more than 400 participants from 21 countries, confirming the Conference as largest system biology meeting series in Russia.
The BGRS\SB-2014 will be associated with Multi-conference «Bioinformatics and System Biology» integrating bioinformatics and experimental approaches to investigate biological systems and processes.
The Multi-conference and the BGRS\SB-2014 Program will include plenary lectures and sectional presentation, round tables, and traditional Young Scientists School "Systems Biology and Bioinformatics". Best materials presented at the conference will be recommended for full-text publications in special issue of peer-reviewed journals after the event.
The BGRS\SB-2014 conference program will include the following scientific sections and symposia:
- Genomics. As part of this section new high-throughput sequencing technologies, data processing methods and 3D chromatin packaging analysis in the cells will be discussed. Chairmen: Acad. G.K. Skryabin (Bioengineering Center, Moscow, Russia), Prof. Yijun Ruan (The Jackson Laboratory, USA).
- Proteomics. Proteomes of organisms in extreme conditions. Chairmen: Prof. E.N. Nikolaev (Institute of Energy Problems of Chemical Physics RAS, Moscow, Russia), Prof. I.M. Larina (SSC RF Institute for Biomedical Problems, RAMS, Moscow, Russia).
- Virology. Computer modeling of virus-host interactions, strategies of new antiviral drugs. Chairman: Prof. Lars Kaderali (Dresden University of Technology, Germany).
- Evolutionary Biology. Comparative genomics, molecular mechanisms of adaptation, paleogenomics and human evolution. Chairman: Prof. David Liberles (University of Wyoming, USA).
Invited speakers: Prof. Andy Clark (Cornell University, USA), Prof. David Penny (Massey University, New Zealand), Prof. T.C. Ghosh (Bose Institute, India).
- Neurobiology. Neurogenetics and system biology of brain research. Chairmen: Prof. E.I. Rogayev (University of Massachusetts, USA), Prof. K.V. Anokhin (NRC "Kurchatov Institute", Moscow, Russia).
- Human Genetics. Translational medicine, personalized medicine and ethnogenetics. Chairman: Acad. V.P. Puzyrev (Institute of Medical Genetics SB RAMS, Tomsk, Russia).
- High-performance computing for Life Sciences. Chairman: Prof. Maxim Fedorov (University of Strathclyde, UK.
- Text-mining and intelligent analysis of knowledge in databases. Analysis of data in science publications, large-scale data mining in systems biology. Chairman: Prof. Andrey Rzhetsky (The University of Chicago, USA).
- Systems Biology and plants bioinformatics. Section is devoted to the tasks of genomics and systems biology of plants. Chairman: Prof. E.A. Salina (ICG SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia).
The Young Scientists School “Systems Biology and Bioinformatics” (SBB-2014)
Invited scientists will give review lectures on modern topics of systems biology and computer modeling of gene networks. The School program will include oral presentations by young scientists and PhD students. Best young scientists presentations will be awarded by prize from the Committee and sponsors.
- Abstract submission and registration deadline for BGRS\SB-2014: April 01, 2014
- Abstract submission and registration deadline for the Young Scientists School "Systems Biology and Bioinformatics": May 01, 2014
- Notification of acceptance to the Conference program: May 6, 2014
- Notification of reports acceptance to the School program: June 2, 2014
- Conference dates: June 23-28, 2014.
- Young Scientist School “Bioinformatics and System Biology”: June 24 – 27, 2014
- Venue: House of Scientists, Akademgorodok, Novosibirsk, Russia.
Registration fee for the ВGRS\SB-2014 conference, Young Scientists School and Multi-conference:
- Early bird rate is before 10 May.
- Official address of the Organizing committee of the conference:email@example.com
(including accommodation questions)
- Visa application: Head of the International Office Dr. Galina Kiseleva -
tеl. +7(383)363-4987(*1338) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regarding Young Scientists School “System Biology and Bioinformatics” please write to email@example.com with heading “Young Scientist School”
BGRS\SB-2014 Program Committee
Prof. Dr. Ralf Hofestädt,
Bielefeld University, Germany.
Prof. Academician Nikolay A. Kolchanov,
Institute of Cytology and Genetics
Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences