10th anniversary International Multiconference
«Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure\ Systems Biology»
Novosibirsk, Russia, 29 August – 2 September, 2016
Registration to 10th anniversary International Multiconference “Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure\Systems Biology” – BGRS\SB-2016 continues! The Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ICG SB RAS) will organize this meeting 29 August – 2 September 2016 in Novosibirsk, Russia.
Since 1998 the conference of BGRSSB series are held every two years. In 2014, Multiconference BGRS\SB-2014 was attended by 483 researchers and students from 27 countries. More than 300 reports were presented (materials are available at: http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016/archive/)
Multiconference BGRS\SB-2016 will include the following research sections and meetings:
- Section “Genomics, transcriptomics and bioinformatics”
- Symposium “Proteomics”
- Section “Systems biology”
- Section “Evolutionary bioinformatics”
- Section “Computational pharmacology”
- Section “Bioinformatics and systems biology of cell death”
- Symposium “Neuroinformatics”
- Section “Bioinformatics and molecular biology synergism in DNA damage response studies”
- Section “Paleogenetics”
- Section “Systems biology of aging”
- Symposium “Human genetics”
- Section “Animal genetics”
- Section “Bioinformatics and systems biology of plants”
- Symposium “Mathematical modeling and high performance computing in bioinformatics, biomedicine and biotechnology”
Series of collateral events in the frames of the multiconference:
- Open Russian-German workshop on bioinformatics network “Systems computational biology”.
- Young Scientists School “Systems Biology and Bioinformatics”, SBB-2016: 22-25 August 2016. http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016/young-scientists-school-3/?lang=en
- Sino-Russian Symposium on systems and computational biology with Chinese universities (BRICS countries).
- The seminar “Systems biology programmed cell death”.
- Pre-conference tour to Altai mountains: August 25-28, 2016: http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016/tour-altai/
- Social Events (Novosibirsk sightseeing tour).
The conference participants have opportunity to publish full-text papers in special issues of international science journals (BioMed Central series, see details at conference website)
The conference language is English
Registration details: http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016/?lang=en
Important dates: http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016/english-important-dates/?lang=en
BGRS\SB-2016 Program Committee
Our contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org,
BGRS\SB-2016 website: http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016/?lang=en
ICG SB RAS website: www.bionet.nsc.ru
8th Young Scientists School «Systems Biology and Bioinformatics»
Novosibirsk, Russia, August 22 - 25, 2016
From 22 to 25 August 2016, Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS (Novosibirsk, Russia) holds the 8th International Young Scientists School «Systems Biology and Bioinformatics» - SBB-2
Bioinformatics is a rapidly developing field of knowledge. Each of the past Young Scientists Schools concerned topics urgent at those times. To preserve this tradition, the SBB-2015 will be dedicated to bioinformatics and systems biology in such areas as:
- Genomics and evolutionary bioinformatics
- Structural biology and molecular dynamics
- Molecular-genetic systems analysis
Practical workshops will include following topics:
- Metagenomics: high-throughput sequencing data analysis in the study of microbial communities
- Modeling of apoptosis cd95 signaling pathway
- Structural biology: drug design
- Molecular phylogeny and evolution
Young scientists, PhD students and undergraduate students are invited to participate in the School. Particularly, we encourage those of you who are interested in modern theoretical approaches in biology and their application on different biological objects. The School Program include lecture session and practical works on modern approaches of biological data analysis and high-throughput computing. The Young Scientists School includes also poster and oral presentation of young scientists. The best presentations will be awarded by certificates and prizes from the Committee and sponsors. Best reports also will be recommended for full-text publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Registration to the School on-line - May 20, 2016
- Abstract submission - May 20, 2016
- Notification of acceptance - June 10, 2016
- The School events - 22-25 August, 2016
Registration fee: 3500 rubles. The working language: is English.
Venue: Novosibirsk, Lavrentyeva ave. 10, ICG SB RAS.
History and photos from previous Schools on Systems biology and Bioinformatics are available: First School -2008; Second School- 2010; Third School - 2011; Fourth School -2012; Fifth School - 2013; Sixth School - 2014; Seventh School - 2015
The Young Scientists School will be held in frames of the International Multiconference on Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure\Systems Biology – BGRS\SB-2016: http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016
Participation in BGRS2016 includes participation in the School!
To participate in the Young Scientists School, please, register on the website http://conf.bionet.nsc.ru/bgrssb2016
Our contacts: email@example.com
630090, Novosibirsk, Lavrentyeva, 10,Tel: +7(383) 363-49-80, Fax: +7(383) 333-12-78
Novosibirsk, Russia, 26-28 August, 2016
The Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Novosibirsk State University are delighted to announce that the I International Workshop “Plant Genetics and Genomics For Food Security” will take place in Novosibirsk, Russia, from 26-28 August 2016 (all organizers are listed here).
One of the important tasks of plant genetics is the search for fundamental knowledge useful for breeding new highly productive cultivars with characteristics that have implications for end-product quality. It is therefore deemed critically important to understand – through discussing achievements and prospects in plant genetics and genomics related to plant breeding and food security – in what direction fundamental research should proceed.
The Workshop’s main goal is to promote international collaboration between the Russian Federation and foreign countries in modern plant genetics as one of the most important source of knowledge and solutions for food security.
The Workshop’s main objectives are:
- to identify the direction in which fundamental research in plant genetics and genomics should proceed for food security to be reached;
- to broaden international contacts and to develop joint scientific programs in this field;
- to enhance involvement of young scientists in these international programs.
The Workshop will give accounts of recent achievements in the genetics and genomics of cultivated plants and discuss prospects for research and the capabilities of modern molecular-genetic and genomic approaches to controlling plant productivity and technological properties that have importance for end-product quality. The achievements will be discussed – with the participation of geneticists, biotechnologists and economists – in the context of a shift from more chemicals to more technology for smooth and organic control of the quality of primary and final products, with an ultimate goal of reaching food security (food accessibility, affordability, quality and safety).
BGRS\SB-2016 Program Committee